Local Heroes Film Festival – Presented By Edmonton Short Film Festival
Meeting and learning from established professionals in your field can feel like finding a hidden guidebook. You discover real-life perspectives that help you successfully navigate your own path.
This LIVE event will give film students, film enthusiasts, and aspiring or upcoming filmmakers that “insider” opportunity!
Taking place at NAIT, the impressive panel of filmmaking professionals will share knowledge earned from first-hand experiences and reveal their best advice for breaking into the film industry.
The presenters will each offer their unique perspective on various aspects of professional filmmaking:
- Gilbert Allan on the importance of distribution and how to plan for distribution even before producing your film.
- Eva Colmers on making experimental films and the joys and challenges of getting your work in front of an audience.
- Dylan Pearce on making independent films with a commercial audience in mind.
- Ava Karvonen on collaborating with others and how important this is in our local industry.
- Kevin Martin on his experience with “The Last Video Store” feature film, and how to bring your 10-year dream to reality with perseverance.
- Daniel Foreman on establishing yourself in the industry, from the perspective of a filmmaker and founder/director of a film festival.
This is a unique opportunity for aspiring and emerging filmmakers to learn from, and network with, an impressive panel of professional filmmakers.
Leave a Reply